Sunday, February 7, 2010

Family Photos

Over Christmas when I was visiting my dad, he started showing me all these photo albums he's been putting together.  Now that the kids are out of the house, he's been moving stuff around and organizing everything.  I told him I can take them all home with me and scan them all, this way we have a digital copy of them and we won't lose them.

I think I scanned just over 4,000 photos, documents, report cards... anything that was in there.  I found birth certificates, wedding announcements, baptismal records, all sorts of stuff!



I went through and cropped most of them and did some touching up using Photoshop on quite a few of them.  Some of these photos are 5 decades old, hell, some aren't even photos they are so old, they are actually paint on canvas.

Well, now I have them all Photoshopped as much as I am willing to spend time with doing that, now I have to figure out some way to organize them all.  I'm having a difficult time trying to wrap my brain around that task.  For right now, I am just splitting them up by my immediate siblings and their families, then I will go from there.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment